It’s done, it’s done, it’s finally done! I present my Laurel dress in blush pink rayon challis (with light gray polyester/cotton underlining). This was my first Colette Pattern, and my first time sewing with rayon. I feel like I spent hours cutting out and basting the pattern pieces because I didn’t want to mess up with this slippery fabric. My dress feels great, and I’m happy with how it turned out.
These pictures were taken after going to the movies– I promised I ironed it before I went out!
I love the pattern, and I definitely want to make more of this dress. The only intentional change I made was to lower the neckline because it was choking me. Unintentionally, the hem ended up a little short because I had to make up for the uneven fabric at the bottom of the back seam. Darn you, slippery fabric!
OHMIGOD THERE’S A TREE COMING OUT OF MY HEAD. My brother took these pictures haha.
I can’t decide whether I should make the bottom half a size smaller or not. There’s plenty of extra space down there, but I want it to stay loose enough that sitting down is still easy and comfortable since this fabric has no stretch.
I really like the bright, coral-ish pink I chose for the bias binding ❤
And here are a couple shots of me and my sister, Natasha. Aww, sisterssss ❤
After this we went and petted the dwarf bunnies at Orschelyn’s. I want a pet bunny one day!
P.S. You’re not crazy; the blog DOES look different. Hope you like the changes. I’ve added a blogroll to the sidebar with some of my favorite blogs. Check ’em out!
You know when you have those spur of the moment urges to just make something but have no specific plan? Well this skirt is a result of one of those times. Usually things like this end up wonky, but I’m quite happy with how my skirt turned out!
The fabric is cotton seersucker– white with blue stripes. A comfy and cool alternative to shorts for summertime. The waist is encased elastic, and there is a light gray polyester/cotton underlining that is a bit shorter than the hem.
It’s hard to tell in most of these pictures, but the hem is actually raised in the front and lowered in the back. I simply traced a curve for the front and flipped it upside down for the back.
Originally, there was going to be a matching sleeveless top with red bias binding and horizontal stripes…I made a few too many mistakes, so I’ve thrown it into my “I’m-tired-of-messing-with-you pile” to take another look at in the future.
Instead I’ve thrown on this super comfy and so flattering t-shirt. I’m seriously in love with this shirt. It was on clearance + my boyfriend’s employee discount, so it was a super deal! I want to trace a pattern off of it sometime so I can make more.
I love how poofy it is! So girly and fun ❤
And here’s a funny picture when I was pushing the hair off my face and look kind of like a ballerina.