It’s been a bit since I’ve had a blog post so I thought I’d make an update of what I’ve been working on.
I’m almost done with this dress. The pattern for the fitted part is based off of a dress that I cut up – I never wore it because of various fit issues so I took what I liked to make my own pattern. In order to finish this dress I need to 1) hem it, 2) take it in at the waist, and 3) fix the zipper/back hem. But isn’t this fabric dreamy? Stole it (with permission) from Grandma’s stash.
Originally I was going to just do a plain rolled hem, but now I’m kind of wanting to do something different. I’m a little tired of hi-lo hems so I’m not sure what else to do. I dunno…maybe I should keep it simple so it doesn’t distract from the top part or look odd with the two pleats. The reason I need to take in the waist is because I made the pattern for an invisible zipper but used a lapped zipper instead. This should be relatively easy to fix – just rip out the zipper and increase the seam allowances on each side. When I redo the zipper, I also need to figure out how to fix the back seam where the two meet. Right now it looks AWFUL. I think I will look up some online tutorials before I attempt fixing it.
I also made two pairs of sleep shorts recently.
The first pair are a bit poofy at the hips, which is fine for sleep shorts. Elastic was sewn directly into the wrong side of fabric. I like this print a lot ❤
Have a great day! And if you have advice on inserting zippers, let me know or comment with a link!