I turned twenty this weekend! Woohoo! To celebrate, I skipped my non-important class to go to the mall and eat out with my boyfriend.
We went to Arirang Garden in Lexington, KY. It was probably the most awkward restaurant experience in my life. The lack of service was so embarrassing that, for a brief moment, I considered walking out without paying since no one was paying attention anyway. Instead, after standing around the table for a minute, I walked across the room to ask the waitress if we could pay.
On the positive side, my boyfriend ate his first meal using chopsticks! Pretty impressive for a white guy 😛 After leaving Arirang Garden, we went to the mall and had lots of fun.
Here are some of the things I got for my birthday:
1. Midnighters Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. I have been wanting to read this series for a while, but could never seem to find them in a library. Turns out Hastings had all three for bargain prices this weekend…$2.99 each!
2. From my boyfriend. I love this book. It is well written (and funny) and has cool projects with included iron-on transfers. (This was actually an early birthday present – Project photos to come later)
3. Once again, I have perfect timing. I’ve been wanting to add to my yarn collection, and it just so happens that Michaels had a four-hour sale today. That’s right, 25% off your entire purchase, including sale items. Maybe I should have bought more…
3. I haven’t had a chance to wear it yet, but I bought this dress from Forever21. I can’t wait to wear it with these…
2. Boots! Finally I have some nice heels I can wear during cold weather! These are Liz Claiborne shoes from JcPenney.